SIGN UP TODAY for Aspire’s Direct Support Professional hiring extravaganza on Monday, Nov. 23 from 9 am to 8 pm! We’re on a voyage to meet innovators, creatives, doers and collaborators to Join Our (Awesome) Team.
DSP Hiring Extravaganza
- Date: Monday, Nov. 23
- Time: Interviews will take place between 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Location: Aspire on Derby (9901 Derby Ln, Westchester, IL 60154)
- Sign Up by Applying online: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=11042811&t=1
- After applying, we’ll contact qualified applicants to schedule an interview time. All candidates must sign up for this event by completing an online application.
At the core of our company culture are three values that drive us each day: Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence. We live by TIE while providing uncompromising services to kids and adults with developmental disabilities, their families and our community. If these values are in line with your own, we hope you’ll apply for an interview!
Direct Support Professional Job Overview
Direct Support Professionals support adults within the Community Living Homes at Aspire. Aspire’s Community Living Homes provide a friendly, family-like environment for adults with disabilities who want to live with others, while receiving ongoing person-centered services. In collaboration with the Community Living Team Leaders, the Direct Support Professionals respond to the unique needs and goals of each resident so that meaningful life experiences can be realized. This important role also assists individuals with daily activities and encourages attitudes and behaviors that support community inclusion. Direct Support Professionals advocate for each individual in communicating their needs, self expression and goals while at home and out in the community.
Direct Support Professionals have the opportunity to:
- Work with a dynamic team of professionals (just like yourself!) to deliver top notch, person-centered services
- Provide functional skills support to help people with disabilities achieve independence and success
- Ensure individuals’ rights are respected and observed at all times – also, make sure that the safety and well-being of the people with whom we work are protected at all times
- Maintain an atmosphere that welcomes and celebrates open discussion, teamwork, integrity and excellence
- Serve as a liaison to family members, guardians and the community!
- Be an ambassador for Aspire!
The ideal rock star candidate has:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Special Education or a related field (preferred)
- 1 year experience working with individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (preferred)
- Ability to work in a professional manner with people with disabilities, team members and community members – all while embodying the Spirit of Aspire (a.k.a. TIE – Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence!)
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License with a good driving record; ability to maintain PACE certification
- Access to reliable transportation to the west side suburbs
- Minimum Age Requirement: 23
Join Our Team
We value our Team Members and our goal is to attract top talent – like you! We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, a robust employee wellness program (think: fun Zumba classes!) and a supportive and engaging work environment. At Aspire, we provide comprehensive paid training to equip you with Direct Support Professional certification and CPR/First-Aid certification so you’re ready to perform at your best.
Interested in Part-Time or Full-Time opportunities? All shifts are available, including weekends and overnights. If you’re ready for an exciting challenge and the next step in your career, apply using this link or the one above!
View all employment opportunities at: www.aspirechicago.com/join-our-team.